Our progress so far is thanks to the work of members of the Web Advisory & Web Implementation Committees, along with staff from the Technology Applications Center, Marketing & Communications Department and the Alexandria and Annandale Campus Webmasters.
Like all major projects, this one has layers that are being worked on in phases. We are currently finishing Phase II, which entailed the migration of all revised old content into the new NOVA website layout. The content and design are being stored in the new Content Management System. We will continue to tweak pages as we receive input from various departments. We are a small team ready to work hard to accommodate many requests in a timely manner. As we prepare to start on Phase III of the Web project, these are some of the areas we'll be focusing on ...
- assessing what pieces need to be updated,
- the finalization of our Web guidelines and policies,
- the new functionality of our website,
- creating a mobile version of the site to be viewed on handheld devices and
- expanding our reach to social media sites available on the Internet.